Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The Knowledgebase Application Specialist works with the ESET Knowledgebase (KB) Team and is responsible for administration and configuration of a cloud-based Enterprise Knowledge Management System (KMS). This individual is expected to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding the KMS capabilities, architecture and functionality.
The responsibilities of this position include developing and documenting application administration strategies, making recommendation for improvements, system monitoring, and managing application changes required to support new products and languages.
This position regularly operates under deadlines with shifting priorities, and works collaboratively with fellow members of the KB Team as well as members of other functional teams (IT, Business Systems) as needed for system integration and dependency requirements.
- Work closely with Web Development team to implement KMS customizations and enhancements
- Manage KMS template structure, system metadata, crawl settings and portal configuration for internal and external users
- Monitor and disseminate ongoing user feedback and content suggestions
- Understand URL syntax and tracking methods across systems to adhere to organizational standards
- Identify opportunities for process optimization by consulting Knowledge Management best practices and KMS vendor recommendations
- Monitor user behavior via scheduled and ad-hoc reports (system and web analytics) to identify opportunities to improve customer experience
- Customize KMS workflow settings and notifications for multiple content types and user roles
- Maintain KMS user account settings including Single Sign-On profile configuration and user role/security privileges
- Assist KB Team with content maintenance and search tuning, especially when adding support for new products and languages
- Troubleshoot system issues reported by internal and external customers
- Communicate with KMS vendor support as needed to report bugs, resolve issues and coordinate system upgrades
- Test and replicate changes from development to production environment
- Act as KB Team liaison with Data Warehouse to request reports, maintain KB KPI dashboards and coordinate with ESET Customer Support reporting efforts
- Directly assist KB team with other operational tasks or projects as needed
- Experience: 2 years of experience working with content management systems or 2 years of experience working with web analytics to improve user experience
- Education: Bachelor Degree in MIS, CIS, or 4 years relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to learn and react quickly in a fast-paced environment
- High level of problem-solving ability and resourcefulness
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work on fairly complex systems with only general direction and supervision required
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with Active Directory
- Familiarity with responsive / mobile design best practices
Intermediate-level understanding of HTML and CSS